Sunday, February 22, 2009

Danika's 3rd Birthday!!!
Of course we had to go play some games at Chuck E Cheese because I got an email for 20 free tokens so we headed out and had us some fun!!!



When we were done there we came back home and had some cake and ice cream.

We love Princess's!!!

Funny story about the cake:
So I go to pick it up and Danika wants to hold it, I explain to her that she can't walk anywhere with it but that she can just hold it for one second. I show her the proper way to hold it and she does it right but she squeezed the side too hard in her arm and the bottom popped out and it fell on the floor. I stood there for a second thinking "that seriously didn't just happen- holy crap!!" Luckily, we were really close to the floor so it didn't get damaged that bad and I was able to quickly pick it up and luckily there wasn't a lot of people in the bakery department to witness this. We went to go checkout and I was explaining to the woman my situation and she took the cake back over the bakery to see what they could do. Unfortunately the lady who makes the cakes had already left for the day but there were some girls there who felt bad so they all tried to help re-mold and put some more icing back on to make it look better than it did before.
I can't believe the customer service I got from WalMart but they really did go above and beyond what they needed to do and I am so grateful for it.
I really didn't want to make a big deal out of it because it was just going to get eaten anyway and it was for a 3 year old so I knew she wasn't going to care. And I knew I was the only one to blame for the cake falling in the first place because I let my 3 year old hold it!!!
It looked fine and tasted fine even after being on the floor of a Walmart can you believe it? and because of the fact that I let my family eat cake from off the floor- I'm nominating myself for "MOM OF THE YEAR" award for the week!!)



Danika getting on top of the table to blow out her 3 candles.

One of her many princess presents!

I put some un-wrapped presents inside her rolling backpack.

For Christmas we got her a Fisher Price dollhouse so for her birthday we got her more furniture for the house. They didn't have a great selection at the store so I got her a dog house and she LOVES it and plays with it all the time.

More furniture for her house.

We love you Danika and hope you had a Magical Birthday!!!

1 comment:

Kar said...

She is so stinkin' cute!! How fun that you even had princess plates and a princess tablecloth. That story about the cake falling on the ground is hilarious. And I think you are awesome for still serving it. You paid good money for that cake!!