Thursday, June 5, 2008

LAST DAY OF SCHOOL

LAST DAY AT PECAN CREEK ELEMENTARY
June 5th, 2008
Colben will be attending a brand new school next year so this was a happy, but sad day. He loves his teacher, Mrs. Billups and he's sad that he won't be able to see her at school next year.
He's excited to have a guy for a principal at his new school and that the mascot is going to be a Bulldog (I told him that was my mascot in school too!)
The new school will be closer to our house but i'll still drive him because there are no side walks between our house and the school.

Mrs. Billups, his Kindergarten teacher. She was so nice and had nothing but wonderful things to say to me about him. She will miss him. The sheet of paper behind them in between their heads is a letter he wrote her that morning. He's so sweet!
Colben at home, the morning of his last day of school. I remember when I bought that shirt before school started thinking to myself "Is he ever going to fit in this?" It was the smallest size they had but it was still really big on him. He's such a big boy now!
Holding up the letter he wrote to his teacher. On the other side he drew a picture of them on the playground with the sun and clouds.
I hope he doesn't do this during class!
(don't know if you can see that he looks like he's asleep!)
The yellow table is where he sat!

He LOVED computers!!!
They worked on learning the days of the week and other fun activities!!!
Holding the prized ticket jar- if your number got pulled out, you won a prize!!
While Colben was walking down the hall all of his friends would stop and give him a big hug and say how much they would miss him. I couldn't resist taking a picture of some of them. The other boy in the picture is Colben's really good friend, Jude. They play together a lot and it makes me feel good knowing there's someone else that is Colben's size!!
He made some really great friends at school- some of them will move to the new school but some of them are staying at Pecan Creek!
Onto 1st Grade at Stephens Elementary!!!


2 comments:

April said...

How fun! Colben looks so grown up at schooL! I love your blog!
April

minerfam said...

Alexis-
I can't believe how big Colben has gotten! He and Danika are super cute! I am glad to talk to you a bit here and there. We miss you guys!

-DanaLee