Thursday, June 5, 2008

Women's College World Series

I LOVE SOFTBALL!!!
For the last 2 weeks i've been watching nothing but College Softball. The Regionals, Super Regionals, The World Series that started with 8 teams and ended with 2, and the Championship Game was coming up the next day.
I think my family was getting sick of me saying "No, you can't record Ben 10 because Mommy is recording softball games on both TV's" so Ben sat me down and said "Alexis, don't you think you owe it to yourself and your family to just go up there and watch the game in person?" I thought to myself "he's got to be kidding- I could never do that"
Next thing you know, i'm purchasing my ticket and the next day I was road trippin' to OKC baby!!
As I pulled into the parking lot and made my treck to the stadium I couldn't help but get a little emotional! Just the feeling of excitement and the atmosphere was just amazing!
I immediately purchased a fine looking shirt to wear EVERYWHERE and support my favorite sport and then I proceeded to find my seat.
Sitting down I realized how cool this really was- I had been watching so many games on TV and now here I was at the ASA Hall of Fame Stadium watching a live game!!!
I decided on my 2 1/2 hour drive home that I am starting a tradition, from now on i'm buying tickets to Games 1 & 2 (it's a best out of 3) and making the drive up- anyone who wants to come, i'd love the company!!

The teams being announced.
Before each game the Aggies would get in a circle and play hackey-sack, they were really good too!
Megan Gibson, the pitcher for the Aggies warming up.
Katie Burkhard, pitcher for the Sun Devils warming up- she was amazing!
I had to have proof that I was actually there so I asked the girl sitting in back of me if she would take my picture!

No comments: