Tuesday, July 29, 2008

2 Children in a bathroom sink!

So I was in the bathroom getting ready yesterday and the kids thought it would be fun to fill up Ben's bathroom sink with water and just dip their feet in. Harmless right?
WRONG!!!
Colben started putting his whole self in and I stopped him and told him that the water level would rise if he got in (I also don't know why he thought he would fit in a bathroom sink, the kids is 6 years old!!) and water would spill everywhere so he stopped..... for a minute.
Next thing I know water is spilling over the counter onto the floor and Colben and Danika are hurrying as fast as they can to get out of the sink--- both of them were in the sink!! I have no idea how they both fit but they managed to basically empty out the whole sink of water onto the floor.
I told Colben that he and Danika had to clean up their mess so I got out the towels and they went to work. Colben had to keep reminding Danika to clean up because she got a little sidetracked once we opened under the sink because that's where their tub toys are so she immediately wanted to play with the toys.
Water went everywhere- I had to take everything out from under the sink and dry each toy off and then dry the floor and then dry off the doors, walls, everything on his counter top, the mirror and then I realized that the kids were still wet!
Needless to say it's amazing how 2 children can fit themselves into a bathroom sink and how many places water can go!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Hey alexis. I love this blog thing. I'm so new at it. I got your site off Allie's. Your kids are adorable. I know how you feel about messes. I have 3 Kids now. What a handful. Visit me at abunchofburts.blogspot
tiffany (austill) burt

minerfam said...

Hello Alexis!

You will love me for this-- but I just tagged you! Check out my blog for the details.

-DanaLee

April said...

How funny! Who knew water could be so messy