Thursday, July 3, 2008

Our Vacation to Washington, DC- updated with pictures

This is what your room number looks like in the hallway- I have a cool setting on my camera that takes the picture in a neat scepia (sp) tone. I used it on quite a few pics during the trip. I like how they make the room numbers look like a document.

Our room from the 2nd- 6th of July- really nice room. The shower was bigger than the one we have at our house- I didn't want to leave!
View from our private balcony. This is the atrium and every night there was a water fountain show set to patriotic music. The fountian is the weird shaped object on the right hand side.
Looking straight down, this was a fancy, expensive restraunt.
Looking to the right of our balcony- these were other hotel rooms. This hotel was huge!

We landed last night at around 10:15 and I was pretty nauseous (sp) but after a while I felt okay. We got in the taxi that took us to our Hotel (the Gaylord) and it was so pretty!!
The coolest thing though was as we were coming in for our landing we were able to get the best view of the Lincoln Memorial, the reflecting pool and the White House- I always get a little sick during landings so I was mad that I didn't take pictures! I was afraid that if I moved my head I would throw up!
Ben and I walked around the atrium last night at around 11:30pm and had a light dinner and it was sooo cool- I admit, I miss the kids but man it's nice to be with Ben. I'll be posting pictures probably tonight but we're on our way out to sight see before Ben has to start working!

No comments: