Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Storm Damage

I really don't know why i'm posting this but we had a really bad storm come through with very high winds and the next day I had to go run errands and we drove by this tree that had fallen over in a cemetery and I couldn't help but pull over and take a picture because it totally reminded me of the microburst that happened when I was about 17. My mom had sent me out to go run an errand for her just as the storm came through (not knowing it was going to be a microburst) I was driving back home when it got so bad all the power went out in the city so all the signal lights were flashing and people were going crazy trying to get home.
I got home safe but the storm was pretty intense and did a lot of damage to the trees in the Provo Cemetery and knocked over the oldest tree on Grandview Hill and it came within inches of hitting the house on the property.
Anyway here is the one tree that fell over!!

Gotta love the weather here in good ol' Texas!!


No comments: