Sunday, August 31, 2008

My Big 1st Grader

1st Day of School!!!

I can't believe Colben is a 1st grader- where oh where has the time gone?
He's so handsome- even early in the morning!
Sitting at his desk just happy to be there!
That feeling lasted until right as we were about to leave and then he started crying--- I couldn't just leave him there so I walked over to him and asked why he was so sad. He said "I don't know what the teacher wants me to draw" I started getting a little teary-eyed because he was so concerned that his teacher hadn't told him what to draw and he just wanted to make sure he did the right thing. Ms. Kelch came right over and told him that she wanted him to draw his family and when he was done she needed him to be her helper for the day- he perked up a little when she said that and I felt better leaving him. He's such a sensitive little man and this just reminded me how wonderful of a son I truly have.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU GO, DUDE! That's the coolest 1st grader I've seen!

Nicki

idahomayos said...

Have a fun 1st grade year Colben!!!

Love from your cousins in Idaho.

April said...

I can't believe he's old enough to be at school all day! Sure goes by fast!...