Sunday, August 31, 2008

MY NEW TOY

I am the proud new owner of a dirt bike!!!
After watching an episode of MTV's "Made" where a snobby, prissy girl learned how to ride a dirt bike and even entered a race I thought to myself "I can do that!"
That wasn't the only reason though, i've always loved motorcycles and while watching Ben race I imagined myself doing it and how much fun it would be.
Ben didn't need any more reason than that to call the motorcycle shop the next day and have a Honda CRF 150R ready for us to pick up!!
I still don't have my gear (on order) but i've got everything else so we went to a friends' house in Bartonville who has some property and I rode around for a while. This actually isn't my first time riding- as soon as we brought the bike home I rode it around our house and had a blast.
I felt like such a goober riding in my jeans- I compare it to seeing someone on the ski slopes skiing in jeans- just not cool!!
Ben had me work on cornering so I found 2 trees and did figure 8's around them.
Proud to say I haven't wrecked yet!!!
Our friends have Donkey's so Danika wanted to play with them the whole time.

Danika took this picture of me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And Danika in her swimming suit! She is personality QUEEN! You look good on the bike!

Nicki

Joy said...

too cool!

joy

Van Leuven said...

Hey Alexis its me Richelle Its been a long time since I have seen you and I saw on aprils blogg that you had one so I had to have a peek your kids have grown up so much they are so cute. Hope all is well with you. I don't know if you had heard but we moved to vernal a year ago.