Thursday, August 28, 2008

Our Crazy Conversation

So i've read on a lot of people's blogs conversations that they've had with their children and the funny things they say so I thought I would blog my conversation I had with my kids today as we were running errands!
Colben: Can I drive us home?
Mom: are you kidding?

Later as we were on our way home:
Mom: Colben if you had a million dollars what would you buy?
Colben: I would buy a new movie player in our car because ours is broken and I really want to watch lots of movies in the car.
Mom: Colben, if Mom had a million dollars, what would she buy?
Colben: A juice maker
Mom: A juice maker? Why that?
Colben: I don't know- you know, a machine that makes juice!
Mom: Danika, if you had a gazillion dollars, what would you buy?
Danika: A toy.
Mom: A toy? What kind of toy?
Danika: A Star Wars toy.
Mom: Danika, if you had 1 dollar, what would you buy Daddy?
Danika: 2 cars
Mom: What color cars would you buy him?
Danika: a sweet blue car (she said this with a little help from Colben who explained that when you say sweet it's like saying something is really cool)
Colben (to Danika) you want to go to the dollar store and buy Daddy 2 sweet blue cars?
Danika: Mom, let's go to the dollar store right now so I can buy Daddy some cars!

This is when we pulled into the garage and Colben said to me "If I had a dollar I would want to go see that new Star Wars Clone Wars Cartoon- can we go do that tomorrow?

Isn't it kinda nice to look at money the same way that our children do that have no concept whatsoever of the value of a dollar?

No comments: